If you work with people who are dealing with diastasis recti and other symptoms of core dysfunction, you need to understand their fitness choices. Even more importantly, if you are a fitness instructor, personal trainer, physical therapist, body worker, chiropractor, or anyone who prescribes exercises of any sort, you need to know how to teach those exercises in a way that restores core strength and total body range of motion.
I’ve collaborated with Kelly Dean, core rehabilitation specialist and owner of The Tummy Team, on several projects since 2011 when I completed my own diastasis recti rehab with her in person. I consult with her and her team, along with many other specialists, as I design the workouts we provide here on Fit2B Studio. We both have received countless queries over the years, asking us — begging us — to put together a course for fitness professionals.
#TummySafeFitPro is finally here!
Please give a warm welcome — and consider making it your next CEU purchase if you’re an exercise provider — to our new Comprehensive TummySafe Fitness Professional Course!
- Worth 12.5 CEU
- Includes over 60 detailed instructional videos filmed with Kelly and me demonstrating and discussing equipment usage and exercises with diverse body models in various gym settings.
- Printable handouts to use with your clients (i.e. screening, intake forms, etc.)
- Introductory price $399 until 1/31/2019 (reg. $499). Students can buy now to lock in price, and then “enroll” later. The course stays in their account until they activate it.
- Certificate of Completion issued upon passing of final test.
Box jumps and pull-ups are two popular exercises in CrossFit and other gym or athletic club facilities and settings. The technique needed to keep the abs from pressurizing and bulging too much may vary from person to person; however, our goal in this course was to offer some standard cues you can use for each of your clients if they wish to work on progressing back into these commonly instructed fitness moves. Please read what I’ve written about leaking while jumping here, and how I personally dealt with returning to box jumps.
More about TummySafe Fit Pro:
The course is hosted on The Tummy Team’s website where they are already doing a lot of continuing education for physical therapists, fitness instructors, nurses, and even surgeons! The course is a collaborative work between The Tummy Team and myself, Beth Learn, the founder of Fit2B. It was filmed and edited by Kelly and her team, and Fit2B contributed several workout videos as bonus content for students who wish to see examples of how to incorporate diastasis-recti-aware cues into their exercise coaching.
Click HERE to learn more about the TummySafe Fitness Professional course which offers the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the tummy safe assessment process, including evaluation of functional core strength and optimal posture and alignment and diastasis recti evaluation
- An in-depth understanding of the neutral pelvis and rib cage alignment and the importance of establishing and maintaining this alignment as the body is challenged in fitness and sport
- Detailed instructional videos on tummy safe strategies for bodyweight training, weight training, gym equipment, and group fitness styles such as Pilates, Yoga, step aerobics, etc.
- Videos of me using almost every common piece of exercise equipment seen in most workout facilities, while discussing TummySafe Strategies (i.e. we literally filmed me walking on a treadmill, using an elliptical, spin bike, stair climber, recumbent, etc.)
- Specific explanations in how and why to modify exercises and how to set holistic goals and work step by step to meet the goals that make sense for each individual client
- Bonus resources to continue to assist clients in the independent progression of tummy safe fitness with additional creative content from The Tummy Team and Fit2B